- Capable of reflecting up to 90% of radiant heat
- Exclusive TruGold™ technology superior to “birthday balloon” gold materials
- Specially formulated fiberglass-based backing material also acts as a fire barrier for extra protection
- Should NOT come in direct contact with heat source (needs an air gap)
- All rolls 0.008” (0.2mm) thick
- Made in the USA
Heatshield’s team of engineers has been developing TruGold™ technology for years as they have become tired of people spending a lot of money on glorified stickers. Birthday balloon “gold” thermal-barrier products on the market are use a yellow Mylar to shield radiant heat. While Mylar can reflect radiant, so can aluminium foil at a fraction of the cost. The Cold-Gold™ Shield is made from exclusive TruGold™ thermal-barrier technology that won’t degrade after long-term heat exposure. The real gold colour combined with a full high-grade fiberglass cloth backing make this a real gold heat shield. It can take constant ambient temps of up to 600 degrees Celsius, intermittent ambient temps of 1100 degrees Celsius. Cold-Gold Shield™ is not designed for direct heat contact, however with an optimal air gap of h an optimal air gap of 1" (2.54cm) or more for maximum thermal reflection Cold-Gold Shield can reflect up to 90% of radiant heat. If you ever have a catastrophic fire, Cold-Gold Shield™ also acts as a full protection barrier because of its full coverage of high grade fiberglass cloth backing. The gold coating will burn away but the fiberglass is there to act as a fire barrier giving you that added piece of mind.
Go Gucci with real heat shield insulation, go with the Cold-Gold Shield™.